Signs that Summer Has Begun:
1. Memorial Day has passed
2. Swimming pools open
3. White pants come out of the closet
4. School years are ending or winding down
5. Invites to cookouts and weddings are filling up the calendar
The goodbye to spring, and hello to summer happens often suddenly, with not a lot of warning.
Signs You May Be Mourning a Change You Don’t Even Realize:
1. You finished 12th grade and will be leaving home to attend college
2. You just returned home to live with your parents
3. You are kissing your bachelor/bachelorette days goodbye in the coming weeks
4. You are transitioning to full-time childcare (grandkids) duty
5. You suddenly find yourself caring for an aging parent
As the calendar just flipped to June, I wonder what changes are you going through? What season of life are you entering?
While summer is a time to kick back and relax, the beginnings of summer may be an excellent time for reflection on what just ended, and what may lie ahead.
Signs Counseling May Be Useful as You Enter this New Season:
1. You’ve tried to just follow the sun in the past and it led you astray
2. You’d like to be more intentional as you close a chapter of life
3. You want to process the old/new chapter with a professional
4. You don’t want to repeat certain mistakes
5. You are filled with fear about what may be on the horizon