Online counseling, e-therapy, video chat therapy, etc., these are all synonymous with providing traditional face to face talk therapy via the internet. We would “meet” at a scheduled time via Skype to interact with one another.
Why would one choose online counseling vs face to face?
- having to travel for work which prevents consistent in person appointments
- difficulties with transportation (price of gas, scheduling commute time, etc.)
- anxiety and fears make leaving home difficult, or home-bound due to disability
- feel more comfortable interacting online vs in person
- busy people with hectic schedules(parents, executives, 2nd/3rd shift workers, etc.)
- prefer privacy of one’s home vs an office
Who would not benefit from online counseling?
- people who are in crisis or having a psychiatric emergency
- complicated mental health history
- children and adolescents
How to get started?
- contact me so that we can see schedule an appointment
- sign up for a Skype acct, if you do not have one already(this is how we’ll “meet”)
- sign up for a Paypal acct, if you do not have one already (this is how you’ll pay)
photo credit: Nigel Magowam